I’ve tried a number of iPhone apps in the past week. So far, here are my favorites. Technically, some of them are Web Clips (e.g. Friendfeed, Hahlo) rather than full-blown apps. But I make no distinction between apps and web sites that are iPhone-optimized.
1. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D – This game makes me glad that I sold my PSP a couple of years ago. It showcases the iPhone as a solid gaming machine. The app is not free (price is $9.99) but you get what you pay for: a burst of adrenaline whenever you crave for a need for speed. The only downside? My wife keeps borrowing my iPhone to play the game.
3. Hahlo 3.1 – I’ve tried different apps for Twitter. Although Twitterific and Twinkle beat Hahlo when it comes to cool interface, I find Hahlo to be more functional and feature-complete, well except for photo snapshot integration.
4. Facebook – This is how mobile social networking apps on the iPhone should be done.
5. Evernote – Evernote is an amazing application that enable its users to use their computers, and especially the cloud, as an extension of their memory. The iPhone application makes it easier to tap your memory into total recall.
6. WordPress – I’m thinking of switching to WordPress soon so I’m testing out this app. Very solid.
7. Typepad – Very functional mobile blogging tool. But I find myself doing more micro-blogging (via Friendfeed and Twitter) than mobile blogging on my main blog.
10. Shazam – Don’t want to get caught not knowing what song is playing in the background? This app is for you.
What about you? What’s your top ten iPhone apps so far?